Isle of Man launches Manx Restart SchemeThe Isle of Man has launched the Manx Restart Scheme which provides opportunities, experience and confidence for job seekers.
Applications are now open for the Isle of Man’s Manx Restart Scheme, an initiative which aims to provide Isle of Man residents who are unemployed with a platform to build confidence and gain valuable work experience, as well as providing Isle of Man organisations with contributions to the employee’s salary and National Insurance contributions.
Eligible employers who recruit a new employee through the Manx Restart scheme will be able to receive support for up to 70% of their new recruit’s salary and National Insurance contributions, capped at the rate of the Living Wage, for up to 35 hours a week.
Paragon Recruitment will administer and co-ordinate the scheme on behalf of the Isle of Man Government, and will play a crucial role by using their specialist skills to match employers with employees.
To qualify, applicants must:
- make an application to the Manx Restart Scheme and accept they have read and understood the terms of the scheme and the online guidance;
- be resident in the Isle of Man;
- be aged 16 years or over and below state pension age;
- have been unemployed for at least three months immediately prior to being employed by the employer (this condition can be waived by Treasury in exceptional circumstances);
- not be a close relative of the employer if the employer is an unincorporated company.
Support will be available for up to 52 weeks.
Further information on the scheme, including application forms for both employers and employees, is available on the Isle of Man Government website, by calling The Job Centre on 687014 or by email to: email@example.com
The financial costs associated with the scheme will be met by the £100m Economic Recovery Fund, established in response to the coronavirus pandemic.