Isle of Man Graduate Fair 2019Think you know the Isle of Man? Think again.
Join Locate Isle of Man for the Island's first employment fair geared specifically to Manx returning students and graduates. Recent diversification in the economy has seen the Island become home to a vibrant range of businesses, and with growth projected across many sectors there has never been a better time to return home and consider kick starting your career in the Isle of Man.
This event is specifically focussed on graduate opportunities and reimagining what a career in the Isle of Man can offer; including accelerated career progression, excellent quality of life and a safe and rewarding community of likeminded individuals.
Gain insight from H.R. and recruitment professionals, brush up your CV skills and interview technique in interactive workshops with some of the Island's leading employment agencies, and network with representatives from local businesses looking to recruit.
An impressive series of speakers, all of whom are graduates and are making their mark on the Island in their respective field, will be presenting throughout the day to inspire you about where a career in the Island can take you.
Early bird registration for the fair is now open via eventbrite, with speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
Meet and network with local businesses offering graduate opportunities
12pm: Registration Open & Flo The Coffee Van's pop-up coffee shop
12pm - 6.30pm: Meet The Employers! Exhibitors in the main hall
RECRUITMENT ZONE - WORKSHOPS
Gain valuable advice from some of the Island's leading employment experts
1pm - 2pm: Hamblin Recruitment workshop - Details TBC
2.15pm - 3.15pm: Power Hour with Paragon Recruitment
Heading out into your first job search can be tricky, not to mention daunting. Thankfully, you have the forward thinking team at Paragon in your corner, and they’re ready to help you freshen up your CV, drawing on years of professional insight and experience. Bring along your CV and grab a coffee for an informal 1 – 1 session where Paragon will provide individual feedback on CVs, markets and career plans.
15 minute sessions available to book in advance, with pre-booking highly advisable.
3.45pm - 4.45pm: 'Work it Out!' - Getting Yourself Work-Ready with Search & Select Recruitment
Do you need some guidance on how to make a great first impression with your CV or at interview? Now is your chance to find out. After working hard over the past few years, you now face the prospect of finding employment that suits your qualifications.
Join Debbie and Clare from Search and Select who will help you apply the principles of effective CV writing and how to get yourself interview ready.
50 minute workshop available to book on eventbrite now. Pre-booking highly advisable.
A programme of inspirational speakers, all of whom have graduated and then relocated or moved back to the Island and are now making their mark in their respective fields of the Island's economy will be announced throughout February. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements via our social channels (facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and eventbrite.
No pre-booking required.
WHY THE ISLE OF MAN?
- Accelerated career progression - Recent stats found that a third of the Island's youngest employees (those aged 18-29) have been promoted in the past 12 months
- Huge Opportunity - Unemployment is at its lowest since 2013
- Diverse sectors from established to emerging industries - Home to 4,200 businesses, ranging from tech start-ups, media, aerospace, engineering, finance and e-gaming all projecting growth in the next year
- More take-home pay - On average, salaries are 19% higher than in the UK
- Epic quality of life - 86% of residents say they have excellent quality of life
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Get ahead of the game, forge valuable relationships and meet potential employers face to face
- Learn tangible skills to up your interview game
- Your Island, reimagined. Fresh insight into the ever-changing Isle of Man job market
- Leave our CV clinic with a streamlined and impressive resume
- Network over complimentary tea and coffee from Flo the Coffee Van
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone current studying at degree or postgraduate level
- Recent graduates looking to progress their career
- Final year school students intending on heading straight into employment
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Just yourself and your registration confirmation – head over to Eventbrite to register for free.
To get the most out of the event and workshops, we recommend bringing an up to date CV, whether digital or hard copy.
See you there!
Register for free at gradfair-im.eventbrite.com.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Directions to the venue:
Address: Woodbourne House, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, IM2 3EE
Woodbourne House is situated half way along Woodbourne Road, around 10 minutes from Douglas Town Centre.
Coming from Prospect hill, head north along Bucks Road, continuing straight onwards, passing the Terrace on your right and then Woodbourne Square on your left. Woodbourne House is immediately on your left after crossing Derby Road. Please note that the venue does not offer parking.