Advice and updates on coronavirus in the Isle of Man (COVID-19) More Info

Applying for settlement in the Isle of Man

The Isle of Man is a great place to live, work and to discover new friends and hobbies.
Applying for settlement in the Isle of Man

But first, you may have to apply for a settlement entry clearance visa from the Isle of Man. There are a few options available below for you to apply for:

Entry clearance as a spouse or civil partner

To take this route, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over and your partner must also either be a British citizen or have settled status in the Isle of Man or UK (they have 'indefinite leave to remain' or proof of permanent residence).

You may also need to prove other factors such as proof of relationship and meeting the financial requirements. Going through this route, you'll be able to stay on the Isle of Man for two and a half years. You can find the full list of requirements here.

Spouse/Proposed Fiancé

If you're applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, you must prove any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended and that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK.

You are not entitled to work on this visa. You'll also have permission to stay for 6 months after which you'll need to apply to extend your stay on the Island. You can find out more information on this visa here.

Other Settlement Options

Other options to settle on the Isle of Man include 'relative who'll provide long-term care for you' and 'Isle of Man/UK Ancestry'. You can find out more about these visa's by contacting the Isle of Man Immigration team.

How to Apply

To apply for the visas above you will have to do so online from outside of the Isle of Man and UK.


If you have any enquiries, get in touch with one of the Locate team members, who are always happy to assist.

Live your dream life in the Isle of Man

Get the latest insights and updates to your inbox:

Visit our Chinese website