Further Education and Development
Manx Care offers exceptional career prospects for Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, and Allied Health Professionals, with fully funded further education opportunities across a number of specialist areas.
There’s a huge support network to help professionals fulfil their potential and achieve their career aspirations thanks to on-the-job training and a dedicated skills training facility within the grounds of Noble’s Hospital which is fully equipped with a simulation suite and library. Employees can also take advantage of a wide range of courses offered through ‘LEaD’; Manx Care’s Learning, Education and Development Service.
Newly qualified nurses can also access Manx Care’s fantastic preceptorship programme with dedicated study days to ensure they are well supported and can enjoy a smooth transition into their first nursing role.
Relocation Incentives and Support
Manx Care recognises that relocating is a life changing event, and offer a number of relocation incentives to support healthcare professionals in their transition to the Island, which can include:
- Up to £7,000 in financial assistance to cover removal costs
- £3,000 recruitment incentive, paid in three instalments over a 25-month period
- £250 a month housing allowance for up to two years.
Individuals relocating to the Isle of Man can also take advantage of the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which enables relocators to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of employment, up to the value of £4,000.
Some of the other incredible benefits of working for Manx Care include:
- Competitive salaries which, on average, are comparatively higher than other jurisdictions
- A rewarding pension scheme, which is based on final salary contributions
- An opportunity to step away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar, but smaller than the UK’s
- Free car parking at Noble’s Hospital and other Manx Care sites
- Flexible working arrangements.