Doctor Jobs in DemandWorking as a doctor on the Isle of Man is unique and rewarding!
Working as a doctor on the Isle of Man is unique and rewarding!
If you’re looking to step away from NHS pressures or want to enjoy a fantastic quality of life, come and discover what opportunities we have for you on the Isle of Man.
At Noble’s Hospital, opportunities exist for Consultants, Specialty Doctors and Clinical Fellows across a range of specialties. Within Primary Care, opportunities also exist for Salaried General Practitioners.
Along with the benefits you can enjoy living on the Island, some of the benefits you could enjoy working as a doctor here include:
- Working within a hospital equipped to the latest standards, providing a comprehensive range of services
- Brilliant training and development opportunities - Noble’s Hospital has an Education and Training Centre with a simulation suite and library situated in the grounds
- A great working environment - the team is a close knit and are driven to ensure they provide high quality healthcare services to the people on the island
- The need is recognised for all medical staff on the Island to maintain connections with medicine in the United Kingdom, generous study leave with pay and expenses to attend approved conferences and workshops.
- Competitive salaries and low tax rates; the maximum tax rate being 20%
Noble’s Hospital also offer a generous relocation scheme enabling you and your family to make a stress free move to the island. Take a look at their relocation leaflet to see what support and assistance they are able to offer.
The hospital and Islands’ healthcare system
The Islands’ healthcare system is separate to the UK NHS and is provided by a National Health Service based on that in the United Kingdom but independently financed and administered within the Isle of Man.
Newly opened in 2003 Noble’s Hospital is the Islands’ only District General Hospital and is equipped to the latest standards. The Hospital provides a comprehensive range of services typical of most District General Hospitals including acute medicine, general and orthopaedic surgery, maternity, paediatrics, SCBU, ITU & CCU.
At Noble's hospital and the DHSC, they have an exciting ambition to build a new model of health and social care that delivers truly effective health and social care strategies in a way which is innovative and responsive to community needs. By working within the DHSC, you can make a difference and be a part of shaping the Islands’ future health services.
Government employed doctors working within the DHSC also have access to a range of benefits. Browse through the DHSC Doctors benefits book to see what benefits you could enjoy.
Find out more:
To find out more about working within the DHSC, visit the Isle of Man Public Service Careers website