19 Reasons why the Isle of Man is a UNESCO Biosphere regionThe Isle of Man is the only nation in the world that has been awarded a Biosphere status by UNESCO as a truly special place for people and nature.
This means, on the Island we take care not only of nature and wildlife, but also our culture, heritage, and communities.
Through projects ranging from marine conservation to safeguarding our flora and fauna to enhancing space we live in, we also maintain and improve our lives in ways that respect and support our amazing environment.
The Isle of Man is a truly special place to live, read on to see why.
1. 40% of our Island is unoccupied, giving you space to breathe and take in the Manx air.
2. And our Viking heritage has made us who we are today.
3. Our sunsets are amazing.
4. Our waters are home to an array of marine life, including seals, dolphins and basking sharks.
5. We live in a place where nature and people coexist in harmony.
6. And even our sheep love living here!
Photo Credit: Anna Kerruish for IOM Biosphere
7. Where kayaking becomes the norm on a still Summer's evening.
8. And you can see forever if you know where to go.
9. Just ask our four-legged friends!
10. The Island is beautiful in any season.
11. Morning commutes across Douglas Promenade aren't too shabby either.
12. And in the evening you can return home to a sunset like this!
13. On weekends, you can enjoy Manx glens that are nothing short of magical!
14. And after work, you can surprise your loved one with an impromptu party on the beach.
15. Or spend a quiet evening under the stars!
16. Weekends consist of quality family time in the most stunning settings!
17. And did we mention the sunsets? Free any day of the week!
18. Whilst you can always be sure to catch something amazing on the Isle of Man...
19. It's the perfect place to be in the moment!
Like what you see? Contact a member of our team today and give Island Life a try!
Looking for more photos of the Isle of Man? Follow us on instagram!